The Future of Publishing Consultant
Thad McIlroy is an electronic publishing consultant, analyst and author, and principal of The Future of Publishing. Since 1988, Thad McIlroy has provided consulting services to publishing and media companies, printers, prepress shops, design and advertising agencies, as well as vendors serving the publishing industry. He has also worked with The Gilbane Group (now part of Outsell) as an analyst in the Group’s Publishing Technology & Strategy Consulting Practice.
What sets McIlroy apart as a consultant to the broad publishing industry is his:
- In-depth technical knowledge of all the important technologies impacting the publishing industries. This in conjunction with…
- A strong focus on business and market issues. Combined with…
- Thirty years of experience in the publishing industry. But unlike many consultants and analysts…
- His focus covers the broad spectrum of publishing activities and industries from document origination, through publishing production and the particulars of most forms of publishing today. Although his background is in print publishing…
- He is established as a leading analyst of the impact of the Internet on the full spectrum of publishing sectors.
His consulting assignments involve a broad range of challenges:
• Advise book publishers on emerging technologies, including ebook format, ONIX metadata and XML workflows.
• In-depth consultation on ebooks and all the related issues, including supply chain challenges, formatting, EPUB & Mobi, metadata, DRM and online marketing.
• Recommend improvements to media-independent production processes for print and digital.
• Serve as an expert witness on digital imaging and workflow issues in patent litigation.
- Adobe Systems, Inc. (San Jose, CA)
- Apple Computer (Cupertino, CA)
- CourseSmart (Foster City, CA)
- Enfocus Software (Gent, Belgium)
- Thomson Learning, now Cengage (Belmont, CA)
- Transcontinental Printing (Toronto and Montreal)
- Typéfi Systems (Australia)
Does your company or organization have questions about the future of publishing? Or how technologies will impact publishing, media, print firms and advertisers? For more information on how consultant and analyst Thad McIlroy can help, please fill out the contact form, or write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.