The Future of Publishing Consultant
Thad McIlroy is an electronic publishing consultant, analyst and author, and principal of The Future of Publishing, with offices in both the United States and Canada. Since 1988, Thad McIlroy has provided consulting services to publishing and media companies, printers, prepress shops, design and advertising agencies, as well as vendors serving the publishing industry. He has also worked with The Gilbane Group as an analyst in the Group’s Publishing Technology & Strategy Consulting Practice.
What sets Thad apart as a consultant to the broad publishing industry is his:
- In-depth technical knowledge of all the important technologies impacting the publishing industries. This in conjunction with…
- A strong focus on business and market issues. Combined with…
- Thirty years of experience in the publishing industry. But unlike many consultants and analysts…
- His focus covers the broad spectrum of publishing activities and industries from document origination, through publishing production and the particulars of most forms of publishing today. Although his background is in print publishing…
- He is established as a leading analyst of the impact of the Internet on the full spectrum of publishing sectors.
Past assignments have involved a broad range of challenges:
- Advise book and periodical publishers on emerging technologies, including e-books, digital magazines, DRM, metadata and XML workflows
- Recommend improvements to media-independent production processes for print and digital, and for multiple digital platforms.
- Focus heavily on e-books and all the key related issues, including supply chain challenges, formatting, EPUB and Mobi, metadata, DRM and marketing.
- A unique focus on how self-published authors are having an energizing impact on book publishing everywhere.
- Provide actionable strategies to uncover the myriad international opportunities opening for publishing organizations, small and large.
- Develop and share an in-depth understanding on EPUB 2.01 and the new EPUB 3, along with Amazon’s Mobi and new Kindle Format 8 (KF 8).
- Serve as an expert witness on digital imaging issues in patent litigation
- Adobe Systems, Inc. (San Jose, CA)
- Apple Computer (Cupertino, CA)
- CourseSmart (Foster City, CA)
- Datazone Ltd. (Republic of Ireland)
- Enfocus Software (Gent, Belgium)
- QualityLogic (Moorpark, CA)
- Thomson Learning, now Cengage (Belmont, CA)
- Transcontinental Printing (Toronto and Montreal)
- Typéfi Systems (Australia)
Does your company or organization have questions about the future of publishing? Or how technologies will impact publishing, media, print firms and advertisers? For more information on how consultant and analyst Thad McIlroy can help, please fill out the contact form, or write directly to email@example.com.